« Home | PBA Champs » | Broccoli Salad » | Lenny » | Nanay Gloria's » | Earl of Sandwich » | Ramiele Malubay » | NSWC CRNA » | Ryan Reyes Ready for RP5 » | Mainland » | Motherland »

PointUI



Just installed PointUI on my HTC Touch. It allows me to get around the OS using finger swipes instead of a stylus. The UI has more of an iPhone type look and feel to it. I've been playing around with for a few hours and already impressed. We'll see how my opinion changes after a few days of uses. The Call Log and the Device Lock options have really stood out so far.

It is always difficult to criticise freeware applications when people are prepared to give up their time with no guarantee of financial reward. Indeed some free applications are very well made and every bit as good as the 'paid for' apps. To put PointUI home in that category however would be wrong. This application is in a league all of its own: outstanding. It has been carefully thought out, well developed and is well supported. I really can't recommend this software highly enough. It looks slick, it is fast and it goes a very long way to taking away the 'clunky' feel form Windows Mobile devices. I am not sure if it is possible but it does actually 'feel' as though the whole device responds better. Admittedly there are still some isseus to iron out but I have been using it now for about two weeks and it has even led me to remove some UI enhancement apps that I have previously paid good money for. If you haven't downloaded this yet then not only are you refusing to admit to your iPhone envy, but you are denying yourself one of the best Windows Mobile aplications I have seen in a long time.

Labels: ,